Sunday, July 10, 2016

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

Had a nice little getaway with the Mr. It hadn't started out that way however. When we arrived at our room...well, let's just say it was UNACCEPTABLE.


UM...NO!



And those weren't even the worst parts...

So we called the hotel service we used (Fought with them tooth and nail. THANKS HOTELS.COM!) and got ourselves a MUCH nicer room.



Ohhhhh.....


Ahhhhh....



Let's put it this way, it was a fucking palace compared to the dump we were in before. And I'm pretty sure there was a drug deal going on in the room next to us in the previous crack den. So...better.

After some much needed decompressing, we got ready to go to the concert! FINALLY!!!


DO I LOOK PRETTY?!



Ah, shit! Fucking flash was on!

We drive to the venue and quickly realize young females would be dominating this concert. Selena Gomez would have a ton of chicks...and a handful or two of creepy old dudes. 0.o (P.S. These tickets were, like, free. Just sayin',) I've been to more than a few of these concerts. I mean, I was a teenager at one point, obsessed with NSYNC and HANSON. Yes, ladies and gents, we all have those idols we hung on the wall that make you cringe later in life.  
The lights go down and the crowd goes wild with high-pitched screams that come at you like a tidal wave of noise. This isn't even for the headliner. The opener starts to finger his piano, played with a modern yet old school vibe. It's not too shabby. Yet, it didn't take long for me to realize I had no effing idea who this guy was or know any of his songs. I pride myself on knowing these things. Anyhow, between the hoards of bellowing young female fans and my screaming over the music every ten seconds, "Who is this guy?", it became blatantly clear, at the ripe old age of 32, I am an old fucking fart. 



His name was Charlie Puth, by the way. Found out that little gem when he finally announced himself five songs later. But I guess I should've known?

After an hour of foreplay, the main event takes the stage...



She sings some songs....





She does a few costume changes...





She shows some skin...A LOT of skin.



Concert...or spaceship?



And after the songs were sung, beer was drunk, and the good times had, we shuffled out with the masses and drove off into the night.


Thank you to my lovely man for taking these images and videos.


1 comment: